Latitude N 39.996183000000
Longitude E 3.822781000000
Nominal range 14 nautical miles
Height above sea level 21 m.
Light pattern Isolated flashes every 6 seconds.
Daytime appearance Black and white striped tower attached to white building. Height 13 m.
Was designed by Emili Pou. Building work began in 1861 and the lighthouse was opened on the 30th April 1861 working with a 30mm catadioptric lens typical of 6th order lighthouses and a constant level single wick lamp emitting a fixed light pattern. Continuous battering by the waves had a detrimental effect on the building, with the sea actually flooding the interior of the lighthouse on occasions, meant that a seawall was built to protect the lighthouse from storms. On the 1st March 1918, the lighthouse was converted to run on electricity, being the fourth in the Balearic Islands to do so, following la Creu, Cap Gros and Portopí in January and February 1918 respectively. Now a modern acrylic 400mm diameter optic and 150 watt discharge lamps are employed.