Latitude N 39.997128000000
Longitude E 4.266686000000
Nominal range 21 nautical miles
Height above sea level 47 m.
Light pattern Group of 1 + 2 flashes every 15 seconds.
Daytime appearance White tower with black spiral. Height 28 m.
The origin of the construction of this lighthouse as well as that of Punta Natí can be found in the numerous shipwrecks occurring even after the inauguration of the lighthouse at Cap de Cavalleria. The shipwrecks of the “Isaac Pereyre” in 1906 and the “General Chanzy” in 1910 were particularly notorious. The first was a steam packet covering the route between Marseille and Algiers and was wrecked in the same spot where the “Ville de Rome” also owned by the French Compagnie Generale Transatlantique, had foundered in March 1898. Was designed by Mauro Serret but mofified by Miguel Massanet. Work began in July in 1917 but the lack of funding and the protests of the owner of the site for not having received compensation paralysed work and the lighthouse was not completed until 1922, entering service on the 22nd September.. The light used a catadioptric lens manufactured by BBT with two 85mm Chance lamps producing a light pattern of 2+1 every 10 seconds. This lens is now on display at the Portopi museum. The tower, with a height of 33m was the first to be built completely of concrete in the Balearic Islands. The lantern, which had a diameter of 3m was manufactured by La Maquinista Valenciana.